#Tharna_Stone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#Tharna_Stone

#Tharna_Stone By the book role-play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Research of Tharna books 1-14

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Research of Tharna books 1-14 Empty
PostSubject: Research of Tharna books 1-14   Research of Tharna books 1-14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:50 pm

All credit given to John Norman for these works.

Outlaw of Gor Book 2 - The entire book is about Tharna. notes will be taken as to Tharna's history and compiled in a separate document.

Nomads of Gor Book 4 -
pg 135 there was silk there from Tyros; silver from Thentis and Tharna;

pg 180 Naturally, as a Koroban, and one with a certain affection for the cities of Gor, particularly those of the north, particularly Ko-ro-ba, Ar, Thentis and Tharna,

pg 802 Some Gorean coins are drilled, incidentally, to allow stringing, the coins of Tharna, for example; Turian coins, and most others, are not.

Assassin of Gor Book 5
pg 985 I felt the sword in my hand, brought to me by Ho-Tu, the sword I had carried in the siege of Ar, years before, which I had taken to Tharna, which I had carried to the very nest of Priest-Kings, which had been with me on the vast, southern prairies of Gor, and which I had brought once more to the gates of Glorious Ar months before.

Raiders of Gor Book 6
pg 269 I could never again face those I had known, Kron of Tharna,

pg 472 "And,” I said, “what of Ar, and Ko-ro-ba, and Treve, and Thentis, and Turia, and Tharna and Tor!"

pg 589 Sevarius in the city of Port Kar, stood admiral on the stern castle of my flagship, the Dorna of Tharna,

pg 909 At my side I now wore the sword that I had brought originally to Port Kar, that which I had carried so many years before, even at the siege of Ar, and in Tharna,

Captive of Gor Book 7
pg 265 There is little market in simple Laura for the more exquisite goods of Gor. Seldom will one find there Torian rolls of gold wire, interlocking cubes of silver from Tharna,

Hunters of Gor Book 8
pg 133 Those of Lydius pretend to much civilization, and are fond of decorating their houses, commonly of wood, with high, pointed roofs, in manners they think typical of Ar, of Ko-ro-ba, of Tharna and Turia,

pg 973 Not in the arena of Tharna!

pg 1048 Perhaps she would be sold south to Schendi or Bazi, or north to a jarl of Torvaldsland, Scagnar or Hunjer, or across Thassa to Tabor or Asperiche, or taken up the Vosk in a cage to an inland city, perhaps eventually to find herself in Ko-ro-ba, Thentis or Tharna, or even Ar itself.

Marauders of Gor Book 9
pg 6 no longer did it bear the freight of plates of silver from the mines of Tharna,

pg 16 Tarl Cabot was gone. He had fought in the siege of Ar. One could still hear the songs. He had restored Lara, Tatrix of Tharna, to her throne.

pg 48 Yet, to be sure, it was less than she would have brought if expertly displayed on the block in Turia or Ar, or Ko-ro-ba, or Tharna, or Port Kar.

pg 117-118 Her cloak, of black fur, from the black sea sleen, glossy and deep, swirled to her ankles. It was fastened at the left shoulder by a large circular brooch of silver, probably from Tharna. She was doubtless the daughter of a very rich man. She would have many suitors.

pg 247 I put a silver tarsk, of Tharna, on the scale.
He changed his weight.
"Debased,” said he. “It is only three-quarters weight."
"Tharna, too,” I said, “is apparently tampering with her coinage."

pg 526 "I had her for a broken coin,” he said, “half a silver tarn disk of Tharna. I will let you have her for a whole coin."

Tribesman of Gor Book 10
pg 8 to the south, among many other cities, Tharna, of the vast silver mines;

Slavegirl of Gor Book 11
pg 377 Are the slaves of Ar, for example, more beautiful than those of, say, Ko-ro-ba, or Tharna?

pg 386 Ti lies on the Olni, a tributary of the Vosk, north of Tharna. Tharna, sometimes called the City of Silver, is well known for the richness of her silver mines. She is ruled by Lara, a Tatrix. This seems paradoxical, for in Tharna, of the hundreds of known Gorean cities, the position of women is surely among the lowest. The sign of a man of Tharna is two yellow cords carried at the belt, suitable for the binding of the hands and feet of a female. At one time apparently women were dominant in Tharna but this situation, in a revolution of the males, was overturned. Few women in Tharna, even now, years later, are permitted out of the collar.

pg 1282 Toward me a couple was moving, a bearded sailor and a red-haired paga girl. I saw by her silk she was from the Cords of Tharna, an establishment competitive with the Chatka and Curla

pg 1318 She was eating the pastry which I had discarded. Strabo unlocked the collar on my neck. “There is a sailor here,” said he, “who is drunk, from the Cords of Tharna, who is calling for you."

pg 1491 "There are enemies,” said Samos.
"Of Ar?” asked Clitus Vitellius, angrily.
"Of Ar, and of Port Kar, and of Cos and Tharna, and of a world,” said Samos.

pg 1580 Busebius rushed to the table. “Master,” said he, “we have many pagas, those of Ar and Tyros, and Ko-ro-ba, and Helmutsport, and Anango, and Tharna!"

Beasts of Gor Book 12
pg 122 Once he had been bested by Sabo of Turia, at the Tharna tournaments, and he had wept with joy and embraced the victor, thanking him for letting him participate in such a beautiful game.

pg 123-124 Hobart of Tharna will match wits with Boris of Turia?"

pg 128 Ven and Rarn, the former a river port on the Vosk, the second noted for its copper mining, lying southeast of Tharna.

pg 143 "Buy the silver of Tharna,” called a man. “Buy the finest silver on all Gor."
He was behind a counter at a booth. At his belt, as did the men of Tharna, he wore two yellow cords, each about eighteen inches long. At the back of the booth, kneeling, small, her back low, her head and hair down to the mud, naked, collared, was a woman.

pg 144 I glanced to the kneeling woman in the booth of the man from Tharna. She had not dared so much as to raise her head. She had not been given permission. There are few free women in Tharna. One of the most harsh and cruel slaveries on Gor, it is said, is that of the slave girls of Tharna.

pg 205 I swilled down the last of the Kal-da. I had not had it since Tharna.

pg 835 "No,” I said. “Indeed, statistically, in those parts of Gor with which I am familiar, very few. Commonly only one woman in, say, forty or fifty is a slave. This varies somewhat of course, from city to city. The major exception to these ratios is the city of Tharna, in which almost every woman is a slave.” I looked at her. “There are special historical reasons for that,” I said.

Explorers of Gor Book 13
pg 121 These four taverns, if it is of interest, are the Veminium, the Kailiauk, the Slaves of Ar, and the Silver of Tharna

pg 1550 If I had to make a choice I would suspect that it might be most difficult for a woman to wear her chains in the city of Tharna. There are complex historical reasons for this. Tharna is one of the few Gorean cities in which the great majority of its women are enslaved. Normally only about one in forty or so Gorean women in the cities is enslaved. Free Gorean women, incidentally, enjoy a prestige and status which, it seems to me, is higher than that of the normal Earth woman.

Fighting Slave of Gor Book 14
pg 1066 I know of only one Gorean city which did not, at least for a time, practice the institution of female slavery, Tharna, but apparently after a time of tumult and chaos, and revolution, the institution was established, or restored, in that city. Indeed, it is said that all women in Tharna are bond, with the exception of her Tatrix, a woman named Lara. Indeed, even foreign women who enter her gates must be temporarily collared and registered, and accompanied by a free male who, for the time they are in the city, is to them as master. The men of Tharna may be recognized in their city and abroad by the two yellow cords worn at the belt, each some eighteen inches in length, devices useful in tethering women, hand and foot. Women fear the men of Tharna. It is said they make uncompromising masters. They are determined, it seems, having won their sovereignty in battle, even in street-to-street bloody frays, never to relinquish it again. Interestingly the women of Tharna, presumably held in one of the most abject slaveries on the planet, are said to be among the most loving and content of all women.
Back to top Go down
https://tharnastone.rpg-board.net

Research of Tharna books 1-14
Page 1 of 1